From Globetrotting to Superhosting with Saurav Arya
In this episode, you will get to hear the fascinating story of Saurav Arya. An Entrepreneur, Start-up Founder, TEDx Speaker, Airbnb Megahost, IITian, Globetrotter, & Digital Nomad. He has hosted more than 1000 guests from around the world and has had 5-star reviews for most of the stays.
So stay tuned till the end and enjoy this great bit of conversation I had with Saurav Arya.
He has 12 listings which you can check out in the links below.
You can get in touch with him directly if you would like to support him personally too.
Saurav’s Airbnb Listings
SELECTED LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- TEDx Speech
- Year Full of Sundays
- Shoestring Budget
- The genesis of Airbnb
- Chennai Floods
- Using co-hosts for communication
- A quest to visit all 197 countries
- Cosmopolitan Koramangala | Wework | Startupculture
- Competition in Airbnb Hosting
- Booking.com | Rightstay | Goibibo | Makemytrip
- Stayzilla | Rightstay (Competitors to Airbnb who failed and didn’t understand peer-to-peer hosting)
- Essentials to provide to your guest
- FoodMap of Bangalore ~ Saurav Arya
- LocationMap of Bangalore – Saurav Arya
- Impressive Infographics
- Fashion Blogger | Lifestyle Blogger | Food Blogger | Flea Market
- The best places for hosting on Airbnb
- Startup Ecosystem in Airbnb
- Registering for GST in Airbnb
- AIRBNB STORIES
- Digital Nomad
- [01:00] Year full of Sundays & the Shoestring Budget
- [03:10] Transitioning to Airbnb
- [04:50] Leasing out homes to host on Airbnb & Targeting Koramangala. “Airbnb is meeting people and hospitality more than anything else.”
- [06:10] Who was Saurav’s favorite guest ever?
- [07:30] Helping out the victims of the Chennai Floods by collaborating with Airbnb guests.
- [09:00] Biggest challenges faced as an Airbnb Megahost. Messaging your guests before they arrive.
- [10:00] How do you manage 12 listings at the same time?
- [11:00] Hosting for his relative in Patna. The power of hosting from multiple places once you are a credible superhost on Airbnb.
- [13:00] How startup culture in Koramangala has influenced Saurav’s hosting.
- [14:30] Going out with guests for dinners in and around Koramangala.
- [15:00] Traffic in Bangalore and Bangalore is a cluster of Islands.
- [15:30] Negative experiences while hosting in Airbnb. Some guests expect a hotel-like treatment.
- [17:00] Filtering your guests and choosing whom to host. And why Airbnb is not a profitable venture for a host.
- [18:07] Using Instant-Booking to get more guests
- [19:45] Would you do Airbnb hosting fulltime?
Quick Fire Round [20:00]
- What are the essentials you provide to your guest?
- Do you provide complimentary breakfast?
- Do you keep a gathering for your guests at times?
- [22:30] What is the first thing you share with your Airbnb guests after their booking is confirmed?
- [24:00] More about Saurav’s startup “Impressive Infographics”
- [25:00] Death of the Career Mindset. Time of the on-demand and shared economy.
- [26:00] Living life after retirement? Absolutely not!
- [28:00] Do you use an apps to run your Airbnb hosting?
- [29:00] Startups Ecosystem in Airbnb & getting profitable in Airbnb
- [33:23] Registering for a GST number
- [33:50] Number one Tip for all the Airbnb Hosts out there!
- [34:00] Hosting people from different countries and cultures.
- [35:30] How has Airbnb impacted your life?
- [36:00] Using Airbnb to Travel
- [37:50] Using social networking to get more guests | Airbnb Bangalore
- [39:00] Airbnb Stories
- [40:00] SAURAV’S TRAVELS | Exploring the world with a mindset of a 4-year old kid.
- [41:00] The 9 to 5 office culture is gone!
- [42:00] Rise of the Solopreneur
- [43:00] Hiring Russians to work remotely
- [43:19] Hosting Unmarried Couples
TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW
Please leave us a rating and review on iTunes, Stitcher & Castbox. It’ll help us in a big way and motivate us to provide better content to the world!
Subscribe to Us On Your Favourite Podcast Platform