Building Communities in Panchgani via Airbnb with Indrajeet Ghorpade
In today’s episode, we talk to Indrajeet Ghorpade who is a superhost from Panchgani Maharashtra and has been hosting remotely for the past 3 years. He does all this with the help of the local Wadkar family who help maintain his place and take care of the guests. This has helped the Wadkars in building a livelihood for themselves and also helped them send their daughters to school. So listen in on this great podcast episode and get inspired!
Indrajeet's Social Media
Indrajeet's Airbnb Listings
Selected Links From This Episode
[01:00] Indrajeet’s Intro
- [01:50] How did you hear about Airbnb?
- [02:30] How did you start your hosting journey with the help of the wadkar family?
- [04:00] First point of contact & the aritcle on the wadkar community in Panchgani
- [05:46] Creating a small menu for home-cooked food.
- [06:00] Chicken Curry & Bhakri (Johar & bajra roti). Top most food is chicken thali & Aloo paratha for breakfast.
- [09:30] What is so attractive about Panchgani?
- [12:00] Who was your favourite guest?
- [15:30] Fireflies in Jeet’s Ancestral Home
- [16:40] Negative Experience hosting as a host in India.
- [17:30] Guests taking out all the eggs while checking out.
- [19:00] How do you deal with negative reviews?
- [22:00] Instances of reporting to Airbnb about damaged property.
- [22:30] What are your future plans with Airbnb hosting?
- [23:00] Selling cloth bags and building businesses through airbnb
- [25:00] Tips for remote hosting
- [26:30] Receiving the host award from Airbnb in 2016
- [28:30] Hospitality in India and overseas.
- [30:00] How has Airbnb hosting changed your life? Bring the family a lot more closer through hosting together.
- [31:40] How’s your stay in Hyderabad?
- [32:30] What are your goals in life?
- [34:00] What is the occupancy rate and how do you deal with off season months?
- [35:00] How do you pay the Wadkar family?
- [36:00] What extra provisions & basic amenities do you provide?
- [37:00] Do you have any Airbnb pricing tips?
- [38:00] Do you use any apps or services that helps you in your hosting? Location details, check in information, guidebooks, other tips, house rules & others.
- [38:30] Do you charge your cleaning fee for your guests?
- [39:00] Do you have any safety features? Fire Extinguisher, Safety guide from the Airbnb Platform, & First-Aid Kid.
- [40:00] How do you deal with back to back bookings? Keeping sufficient amount of linens to support back to back bookings.
- [41:00] What kind of guests do you get?
- [42:00] Do you accept all the guests you get from Airbnb?
- [43:00] Do you provide complimentary breakfast?
- [43:00] Number #1 tip for Airbnb Hosts
“One way to make people feel really happy is through food.” ~ Indrajeet Ghorpade
Subscribe to Us On Your Favourite Podcast Platform